Smile Enhancement. Having a dazzling, healthy smile can make a positive difference in anyone’s life—it can restore not only one’s youthful appearance, but also the confidence and self-assuredness that come along with it. We offer a full range of restorative dentistry procedures, from missing tooth replacement to endodontics, so no matter what your dental needs, we have a solution. Please contact our office today to schedule a consultation.
Veneers. An excellent alternative to crowns, veneers can perfect your smile by masking stains, hiding chips, correcting misalignment, and creating uniformity. Veneers, which are made of thin, customized material designed to slide over the teeth, look incredibly natural, are long lasting, and are relatively easy to apply. Please contact us today to find out more about veneers.
Nite White® Take home bleaching. Get beautiful, whiter teeth at home while you sleep. The Nite White® tooth whitening system is a custom-fitted appliance that is filled with bleaching gel and worn at night over the teeth.
Nite White® gel, a solution containing 10 percent carbamide peroxide, safely and gently whitens teeth over the course of about two weeks. You can remove coffee, tea, tetracycline and other stains, as well as tooth yellowing caused by aging, using the Nite White® take-home bleaching system. Contact us today to learn more.
Technology has changed our ability to diagnose and treat dental problems allowing earlier detection and more conservative treatment. The benefits of these advances is profound as you will understand by reading through the technologies that we use.
Digital Radiography/Scan X. This technology offers the advantage of less x-ray exposure to the patient as well as more diagnostic capabilities due to software enhancement of the images which reveals pathologies that cannot be seen with the naked eye.
Intra-oral digital photography provides the ability to visually inspect teeth for cracks which are a common cause of sensitivity that can lead to fractures of teeth, root canals and tooth loss. Additionally, intra-oral cameras are exceptional in diagnosing old restorations that are breaking down and for photographing a suspicious soft tissue lesion to compare with 2 weeks later.
Phase Contrast Microscopy has been an indispensable tool for getting a quick diagnosis of the severity of gum disease. This helps us to identify disease often before more serious problems such as bone loss occur.
Joint Vibration Analysis (JVA) has become a very important tool for analyzing the joint noises that many people notice when they open and close their mouth or chew tough foods. Not all joint noises indicate a pathological condition that dictates a need for treatment. Joint vibration analysis is a window into the causes, type and severity of joint noises that patients are concerned about. By identifying those patients who are at risk, we can tailor treatments, procedures and methods to minimize the possibility of contributing to a potential problem.
Diagnodent (Laser assisted decay diagnosis) Up until a few years ago the diagnosis of decay was very limited; essentially the same as it was for almost 100 years. The Diagnodent has become a valuable tool for early detection of decay and prevention of serious dental decay complications. Unlike traditional x-rays, this tool is able to detect even small microscopic amounts of decay. Research has shown that using traditional diagnostic tools has a 50% accuracy rate, whereas Diagnodent has an accuracy of over 90 percent.
In-office ICAT Scan. This new technology has revolutionized many aspects of dental diagnosis and treatment, including:
- Implants, bone grafting, sinus lifts and sinus grafts. With the advent of this easy accessible and affordable technology, implants are becoming the safest and most successful way to replace missing teeth. Prior to this technology placing implants was much like shooting in the dark. Having an in-house CAT scan has removed the stress of earlier years and has pushed the success rate of implants into the high nineties with some location in the mouth virtually being 100%.
- Another significant area for ICAT Scan use is in the evaluation and diagnosis of temporomandibular dysfunction (TMJ dysfunction.) iCAT scans allow us to diagnose accurately erosive conditions of the TM joint which is necessary to rule out serious arthritic type conditions that would need further evaluation from a physician or rheumatologist.
- Using the iCat, airways can also be evaluated more accurately. This is helpful when evaluating different positions of an oral appliance to help control snoring or even sleep apnea.
- Oral surgery, including wisdom teeth extractions have become safer with an iCAT scan. We are able to see where or when an extraction may be complicated before surgery takes place. If you have the information and ability to plan around a potential problem, than the outcome will be more ideal.
- Orthodontics-implementing iCAT technology has taken orthodontics to a new level; skeletal and dental issues can be seen, measured and planned for. When evaluating for orthodontic issues such as skeletal asymmetries, mal-alignments and esthetic disharmonies, the iCAT scan is a major factor in complete diagnosis and treatment planning.
LANAP. LANAP is an innovative laser treatment to treat periodontal disease. In the past, surgery was the only option for treatment of severe periodontal disease. Now we use this minimally invasive procedure to treat Periodontitis. Ask us if Lanap is right for you.