Meet the Doctors
DAVID GIBBONS, DDS
Dr. Gibbons grew up in Mesa and attended Arizona State University for his undergraduate studies. He is a graduate of the University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, considered one of the nations oldest and top dental schools, and located in San Francisco, California. Dr. Gibbons speaks fluent Portuguese and Spanish. In his spare time, Dr. Gibbons enjoys weightlifting, playing the guitar, going to the shooting range, reading, going to the movies and spending time with his family. Dr. Gibbons and his wife Emi are the proud parents of two really great kids, Olivia and Grant.
Dr. Gibbons believes in the value of quality dental care and brings this strong commitment to his practice and most importantly, his patients. Dr. Gibbons attends the latest cutting edge continuing dental education courses. His goal is to increase the services that he can offer to his patients such as CEREC® in office crowns, Cosmetic Dentistry, Endodontics, Implants and Invisalign®. He feels it is important to offer these services so that he can provide for most of his patients’ dental needs right in the office and not have to send them all around Arizona to have their work done. For Dr. Gibbons, the patient is the most important person in the dental office. He believes that his commitment to excellence not only emphasize the technical skills of dentistry but also reflect strong components of humanism, kindness and compassion.
JUNIUS GIBBONS DDS
The greatest privilege I have been given me over the last 26 years of being in practice as a dental health provider has been to serve my patients. They have provided me with opportunities to push myself farther, to learn and develop skills that I would never have developed otherwise. To help my patients achieve optimum healthy smiles, I’ve felt an urgency to work very hard, to take far more continuing education courses in advanced dentistry than is required, to fill my office with the latest technology so that I might excel in my field sometimes at the expense of a few family vacations. This was done not for the honor of my colleagues, but more importantly…so that I would never fall short in my abilities to provide my patients more than what they are expecting. It has been my honor to provide dental care to the best of my abilities. I have on occasion been accused of working too hard, at times I feel that I don’t work hard enough. Their trust and confidence is very important to me.
I love my profession as did my father and my grandfather. Practicing in the dental profession has become a tradition in my family. My grandfather Junius Gibbons (yes, that’s who I was named after) was the first practicing native Arizonan dentist in Phoenix. Halfway through his career he lost his thumb on his right hand and rather than giving up and changing professions, my grandfather brought a dental chair to his home and practiced on his family doing dentistry with his left hand. My father Junius W. Gibbons also followed his fathers’ tradition as I continue to do so. I am also honored to have my two sons David and Daniel join the practice. They are living up to a great heritage and are excited to meet the challenge. This legacy of dentistry has provided this community well over 100 years of dentistry. I will…we will continue to work very hard to provide exceptional and outstanding care. My wife tells me I’ll never retire. Why would I? I love my profession, it’s in my blood. It has been a privilege to serve my patients over the years. I along with my sons look forward to many more years of serving and earning your trust.
- Graduated in 1977 with a double B.S. degree in Microbiology and Zoology from Brigham Young University
- Graduated Cum Laude in 1981 from University of the Pacific Dental School with a DDS degree. Inducted into the TKO Dental Honor Society in 1979.
- Awarded two year post graduate Orthodontic CE certificate from American Straight Wire Orthodontic Association in 1984 (ASWOA).
- Awarded five year post graduate Orthodontic CE certificate in 1990 from the United States Dental Institute (USDI).
- Certified in advanced cosmetic dentistry, smile design, anterior porcelain veneers from Las Vegas Institute (LVI), in 2001.
- Completed certification exam from Bio-Research for use of joint vibration analysis, surface EMG readings and computerized jaw tracking in the diagnosis and treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ/TMD) in 2002.
- Active member of the Arizona Craniomandibular study group (TMJ/TMD) since 1991.
- Active member of International Association for Orthodontics (IAO) since 2000.
- Active member of Midwest Orthodontic Association since 2000.
- Active member of the Functional Orthodontic Association since 2000.
- Active member of Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) since 2001.
- Active member of American Dental Association (ADA) since 1981.
- Active member of Arizona State Dental Association (ASDA) since 1981.
- Active member of American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) since 2001.
- Certified in advanced cosmetic dentistry, occlusion and full mouth reconstruction from Pacific Aesthetic Continuum, (PAC-Live) Ultimate Synergy 2001.
- Certified by the Academy of Laser Dentistry in laser safety and use, October 2005.
- Certified in CAD Cam use for dental restoration design and milling using Cerec 3D digital technology, September 2007. Maxi course in Implants, bone grafting, soft tissue grafting from the Medical College of Georgia/American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) March-December 2007. Passed AAID Fellowship exam December 2007.
- Active member of American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) since March 2007. AAID fellowship pending, written exam passed in December 2007, case presentations/orals November 2008.
Dr. Gibbons takes more than 6 times the amount of continuing education required for licensure on an annual basis. (More than 150 hours per year.)
DANIEL GIBBONS DDS
Dr. Daniel J. Gibbons is an Arizona native and also a proud fourth generation Arizona dentist. He has been a part of dentistry his entire life. The legacy began in 1919 when Dr. Gibbons’ late great-grandfather, Dr. Junius Gibbons, opened a dental office in downtown Phoenix. In 1947, his late grandfather, Dr. Junius W. Gibbons began practicing dentistry in Phoenix. Today Dr. Gibbons continues the legacy with Gibbons Dental. His father Dr. Junius N. Gibbons, and brother Dr. David J. Gibbons practice dentistry locally at Gibbons Dental locations in Maricopa and Gilbert.
Daniel Gibbons DDS, is a general dentist with advanced training in orthodontics, cosmetics and oral surgery. His artistic and problem solving skills make him a well balanced practitioner. He excels in helping his patients discover the road to wellness and customizing that method for each case and circumstance. He is a member of the Arizona Dental Association, American Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Gibbons grew up in Arizona and is a graduate of the University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco, considered one of the nation’s oldest and top dental schools.
To stay knowledgeable about the latest technologies and developments he has received advanced training and education in cosmetic dentistry, oral surgery, dental implants, Invisalign® and CEREC® CAD/CAM technology. Dr. Daniel is dedicated to treating people and not just teeth, his patients are treated as family and friends. For Dr. Gibbons, the patient is the most important person in the dental office. He believes that his commitment to excellence not only emphasize the technical skills of dentistry but also reflect strong components of humanism, kindness and compassion.
In his spare time, Dr. Gibbons personal interests include playing tennis, Olympic lifting, riding motorcycles, hiking and canyoneering. He also enjoys traveling and is fluent in Russian.